Follow Me (if you can keep up!)

Friday, April 24, 2015

A Movie Review- COWSPIRACY: The Sustainability Secret

COWSPIRACY: The Sustainability Secret



I finally saw the movie that all the people in my vegan circle have been talking about.  Cowspiracy was an amazing documentary about the environment and the impact of animal agriculture.  I have always wanted to question those who claim to be environmentalists while scarfing down burgers.  Now I have a reference to give those burger-eating, tree-huggers.



Cowspiracy was wonderfully filmed and a great combination of visual power backed with scientific information.  What struck me more than the people who avoided the film-makers' calls were the people who were interviewed who dedicate themselves to saving animals and the environment.  They were beautiful, lovely, intelligent people who have figured it out and who are trying to help in some very real way.



Going into it as a longish-term vegan, I had an attitude that I probably already knew all of the information that would be given.  I was so wrong.  I learned a whole slew of new information that was often shocking even in the context of those horrors I do know.  It was so much information that I will need another viewing at some point.



The film was disturbing in many respects but it managed to be inspirational as well.  Do you care about your environment?   I challenge you to watch.  If it doesn't spark you into action, I don't know what will.

No comments:

Post a Comment