Follow Me (if you can keep up!)

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Beginning the Journey

I am pleased to report my marathon training has begun once again.  I will be sharing some stories, worries, accomplishments, and fears with you along the way.

As I stare down the last months of my 30s, I deliberated about what to do to celebrate such a milestone.  An epic trip?  A raging party?  A midlife crisis with a car and poolboy? 

All of things appeal to me in one way or another but I decided to run the Mount Desert Island Marathon!  What better way to honor a strong body that has gotten me this far in life!  And Acadia is such a magical land that, no matter what my pace, I will be able to enjoy the landscape and the town.

As I train I will be including Sea Shepherd Conservation Society once again and asking for pledges.  Volunteering for SSCS is one of the most rewarding things I have done over the years and running for something so near to my heart makes the miles less taxing.

So follow me.  Come on a run with me.  Help me to conquer 26.2 miles and turning 40!

No comments:

Post a Comment